Oracle DBA help and Guidance. General Database administration issues, queries, problem solving, user management, space management, security management, capacity planning, networking, Oracle file systems, RAC, advance feature issues, knowledge sharing forums.
Current Scenario of my working environment is as :
IBM RS6000 servers
AIX 4 OS
SQL Forms 3.0
There are almost 500 forms ,1000+ reports and 50 Pro*C programs
and now we need to migrate our database to 11.1 , forms and reports to new servers
I am newbie to the process of Upgrading and Patching.I have some questions regarding the same as :
1) what should be upgraded first Database or Forms ?
2) To upgrade database can i directly upgrade it to 11g or have follow the upgrade path and install all intermediate oracle homes ? which option is best suitable manual or EXP/IMP ?
3) finally,manual upgrade of forms is suitable or can i go with automated upgrade tool like PITSS.CON ?
Thanks in advance.
- Senior DBA Group
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:28 pm
- Location: Fully Managed Data Center,Nashik.
You should need to go with manual upgrade only. Because your database version is very old. You need to upgrade first your forms/report. Because present version of application may not be working with higher Oracle database version.
- Registered User
- Posts: 37
- Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:28 pm
Return to Oracle Database Administration
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest